- Michel Gerard: I'm sorry, if you're talking to me you'll have to do it in woofs.
- Emily Gilmore: You've been working with my daughter way too long.
- Michel Gerard: Don't I know it.
"I’m running out of French curse-words that they won’t understand."
- Michel: All right, the piano movers will be here at eight and the chairs will be set up at nine. All the rooms are made up and ready. I will be in at ten. Now I am going home unless you would like me to stay.
- Lorelai: Actually, I would, thanks.
- Michel: No, I'm sorry, I think I said that wrong. I am going home now unless you would like me to stay.
- Lorelai: I would love you to stay, thanks for offering.
- Michel: Okay, see, once again, my English not so good. One more time. I am going home now after working six hours longer than I usually work and performing tasks I despise and am ashamed of, and now I am going home to wash off the stench of this horrifying day, that is, unless, for some unknown Godforsaken reason, you need me to stay.
- Lorelai: Well, actually...
- Michel: Goodbye.